Art trip: 27. - 30. September 2018
Artists, Collectors, Parties - A Journey to Art Week and Berlin's Private Collections
Berlin is Europe's greenhouse for art. This is not only due to the internationally renowned artists who live and work there, such as Olafur Eliasson, Ai Weiwei, Wolfgang Tillmans, Katharina Grosse and Tomás Saraceno, but also due to the several thousand young artists who exhibit in galleries and at clubs and unconventional pop-up shows. In the meantime, Berlin is no longer the affordable hotspot of yesteryear for young artists. The estimated 350 galleries make up a collector scene that is prominent but smaller than those in Rhineland or southern Germany. But recently more and more private art collections have been opening. Many of them are located in extraordinary places which are as diverse and exciting as the history of Berlin itself: former schools from the Wilhelminian period, converted Nazi bunkers and GDR buildings and factory floors in Kreuzberg. At least twice a year, the lively German capital is also a must-visit for international collectors: during the Gallery Weekend in the spring and again at the end of September for the opening of the season. This year two events are taking place simultaneously in September; Berlin Art Week, during which all the important galleries and art institutions in the city participate with openings, performances and parties and the Art Berlin art fair, a joint venture of the former ABC trade fair and Art Cologne.
sculpture network invites you on a journey of discovery through Berlin's artistic and architectural treasures in connection with these two major events. We will be personally introduced to the new concept of Art Berlin, talk to collectors about the Berlin scene and are invited to visit the studio of the internationally renowned artist Tomás Saraceno.
Accompany us on this highlight tour of the Art Year in Berlin and learn first-hand what makes this city so special for both artists and collectors.
Day 1 - Thu, 27/09: Berlin's dynamic gallery center
- The program starts at 4:45 pm in the lobby of our hotel. Introducing and getting to know each other.
- Visit to the Museum Frieder Burda - Salon Berlin, former Jewish Girls' School
Day 2 - Fr, 28/09: Lichtenberg: Studio visits and art in former GDR buildings
- Visit to Tomás Saraceno's studio
- Lunch break
- Visit to the KUNSTSAELE BERLIN
Day 3 - Sat, 29/09: From Berlin's new art fair to Berlin's most prominent art collection
- Visit to Art Berlin and time for a free visit
- Lunch break
- Visit of the Julia Stoschek Collection
- Lunch break and walk at the Rummelsburger Bucht
- Visit to the Boros Collection
Please note the trip begins and ends in Berlin.
The journey to and from Berlin must be organized by the participant himself/herself and is not included in the price.
- Normaler price: 859,- €
- Special price for sculpture network Members: 719,- €
- Single room surcharge for 3 nights: 76,- €
Special offer for sculpture network artists members:sculpture network artists have the opportunities to save some money by being hosted by some artists colleagues from Berlin: Limited spaces available!
- Special price: 599, - €
Take advantage of our reduced member prices for our trips. When you register to become a member now and book a trip you won’t be charged for the 30 € registration fee.
Min. number of participants: 25
Services included in prices:
- Travel group of max. 40 people from different countries includes a nice mix of artists, curators and friends of the arts and the small size guarantees exclusiveness.
- 3 nights in 3 star hotel in a double room, including breakfast or stay with an artist colleague (limited spaces available, only for sculpture network artists members)
(Single room surcharge for 3 nights in hotel 76,00 EUR)
- 2 lunches (Friday and Saturday)
- 3 dinners (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) in typical restaurants
- Metro and tram tickets
- All entrance tickets and guided tours
- Tour guides in English
- Tour assistance in English and German
REGISTRATION Deadline: 19 September 2018
To confirm your reservation you must make a down payment of 50% of the total fee. An invoice will be issued and once payment has been received, confirmation of participation and a receipt will be given. The remaining sum is due two weeks prior to the tour. We will send you an invoice.
Cancellation after August 27, 2018 results in the loss of your down payment. Cancellation after September 19, 2018 results in the loss of your complete payment.
Min. number of participants is 25 people.
If the minimum number of participants is not reached by 19 August,
the organizer can cancel the trip.
We, therefore, advise you to take out an insurance policy covering cancellation of travel plans.
sculpture network service GmbH